Master of Arts (Journalism)? [MA(J)]
Level – Postgraduate
Duration – 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats – 30
Passed graduation in any discipline from recognized university
About the Programme
Print media has a very important role in our lives. The print media is very effective to know about national and international happenings, to analyse them and to be aware of public issues and problems. The programme focuses on various aspects of print journalism such as news writing, reporting, editing and modern media.
- To develop competent professionals with technical skills and knowledge of journalism and principles of communication.
- To promote original research work in the fields of journalism and inculcate an understanding in relevant subjects.
- To develop analytical thinking and deliberation on human values, culture, environment, science, sports and contemporary issues related to the society so that they acquire proficiency in oral and written communication.
If you have a nose for news, have good writing skills and wish to make a career in this challenging field of news writing and move on, this programme is for you.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Editor, news anchor, producer.
- Assistant Editor, copy writer / feature writer, commentator.
- Deputy Editor, Sports Journalist, Media Advisor.
- Reporters and correspondents, Indian Information Service officers.
- Photo Journalist, Political Analyst, free lancers, media educators.